Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hand Size, Actions Per Turn, Scaling for Solo Play

Hand Size
I'm going to pick a number here, let's say 6 cards.  BAM!  That's the hand size.

Actions Per Turn
I don't want to have to track action points, and I love the idea of radicool combos, and I want players to feel both empowered and excited to do stuff, so I think playing all the cards in your hand whenever you can is probably the way to go.  Now, do you then a) draw back to a full hand, b) discard your remaining cards, or c) any combination thereof?  I THINK that you will then need to wait until the start of your next turn to draw back so you will need to hold on to any Reaction cards you want between turns. However, in solo play, I think you will need to draw back to 6 at the end of your turn to be ready for the next round.  Time will tell but I think I'm calling it right here.

Player Turn:  At the beginning of your turn, refill your hand to 6 cards.  During your turn,  you can play as many cards as possible in any combination of actions from cards that are in play, to cards from your hand, to cards that you draw that turn. At the end of your turn, you may discard as many cards as you like.

Scaling for Solo Play
I think I covered it above, but for solo play the player should draw back to a full hand at the end of the turn.  Maybe.  It feels right to say that, but TIME WILL TELL.

No comments:

Post a Comment